Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Boyce Watkins - Whoopi Goldberg Defends Mel Gibson’s Racism

Whoopi Goldberg: I Know Mel Gibson, He's Not Racist

by Dr. Boyce Watkins, Syracuse University 

Perhaps rather than going on the typical “my bad” racial campaign trail, Mel Gibson is trying a new tactic.  This one might be called the “Some of my best friends are black” approach.  In the latest development over Mel Gibson’s crazy racist rant in which he told his ex-girlfriend that it would be her fault if she were “raped by a pack of ni**ers,” Gibson is being defended by non other than Whoopi Goldberg.

Here are Goldberg’s words:

"I have had a long friendship with Mel. You can say he's being a bonehead, but I can't say he's a racist having spent time with him in my house with my kids. Make no mistake (he's not a racist)."

Click to read more.

1 comment: